07 May 2009

Maltese Crossed Fingers

Maltese singer Chiara greeted the assembled journalists like old friends. “I’ve missed you so much! You are now like brothers for me”, she said. In fact, it is Chiara’s third time at Eurovision: in 1998 she ranked third, in 2005 she was one step short of victory.

Chiara is hopeful that this year’s Eurovision will finally bring her the ultimate success listen.
Since her composition ‘What if we’ is the most powerful of all of her songs to date.

Chiara explained why she is doing her show alone without back-vocals or dancers. “I’ve always performed like that,” she explained. “I like having everything under control; other people around are additional responsibility. When it is just me onstage, I can fully concentrate on myself.”

When asked about mistakes made by contestants, including herself, Chiara said: “You should never expect anything. There is only one winner. You sing, you give it your best shot and leave it to the audience to decide.” The singer believes, however, that some things depend on chance: “Eurovision is like lottery. Your audience should be in tune with your song.”

The Malta delegation was represented by: Joseph DIMECH (Head of Delegation), Chiara ZOUBAIRI SIRACUSA (lead artist), Marc PAELINCK (composer).

No comments:

Post a Comment