09 May 2009

Third Choice First

Hungarian singer Zoli Adok who ranked third in the national competition got to represent Hungary at the 2009 Eurovision in Moscow due to the fact that the winner of the qualifying round had been disqualified and the second finalist had withdrawn her nomination.

According to one of the journalists, Zoltan, in fact, was the best choice. “As for me, the third song was the best option,” the journalist said. “I believe this was fate and I am grateful to God for this chance to represent Hungary,” Zoli replied.

Zoli will both sing and dance during the show. “I’m a dancer in the first place, that’s why dancing and singing will be equally important for me at the contest,” he confessed. Although he started out as a ballet dancer, Zoli likes all types of dance, including modern and jazz.

The contestant had leading parts in a number of musicals. “The most famous musical of them was the Cats. I was really happy to work with Andrew Lloyd Webber,” he said. He then proceeded to sing an extract from a “Close Every Door To Me” from Joseph – in Hungarian! listen.

“It’s an early morning, but you look so fresh and energetic. What’s your secret? Is it drugs?” one of the journalists wondered, facetiously. “Of course, not,” Zoli retorted. “I think I look quite healthy because I make sure to eat healthy food and have enough sleep. It’s enough to give you a lot of energy.”

At this year’s contest Adok presents the song ‘Dance with me’ in English. Although his song has a Hungarian version, the creative team decided to choose the English version since they think it sounds better.

The Hungary delegation was represented by: Szilvia PUSPOK (Head of Delegation), Zoli ADOK (singer), vocalists Vivian JNOFINN and Gabor HEINCZ, Zita KARSAI, Titanilla BELI (dancers), Times PAPP (dancer, choreographer), Gina PRONAY-ZAKAR (Head of Press).

No comments:

Post a Comment